Monday, October 16, 2023

Ferris Wheel Press (Part 2)

   

I just got my hands on another set of Ferris Wheel Press inks. These inks were released in 2023. It is called the New York New York collection inspired from sights seen in the city itself. Right off the bat, the packaging of the ink represents the colour very well. Animals representing people similar to that of Zootopia. 

Once opening the package, all are in 38 ml bottles with the classic Ferris Wheel Press Branding.

Swatching time.
 
Central Park Greens inspired by a walk in the park. It is a very earthy colour like that of trees, grass, and moss. Depending on the paper, it can easily go from light moss green to dark forest green. It may not my go-to colour, but the dark colour balances the other two really well.
Lights on Broadway inspired by New York Times Square where musicals, plays and concert sweeps you away. It does reminds that of the neon light board where it grabs your attention for the latest shows. The colour ranges from light magenta pink to dark purple magenta. Again not my go-to colour but complements the other inks of this collection. 
Out of the three inks, this is definitely my favourite, Grand Central Skies. Now it is not only sparkly (thanks to the glitter), but I tend to gravitate to blues to blue greens (so personal taste, don't come at me). This ink is inspired by the rotunda (a round building or room) in Grand Central Station in New York. The colour ranges from teal blue to green blue. As much as I love this colour, I need to remind myself that if I was going to fill this in the 

fountain pen, the glitter might cross- contaminate with other inks. So either I designate on pen for glitter ink only or wash it really (capital R)well.

All these ink can be used on its own, but I love using it all together as shown above. The green, teal blue, and magenta really go together like a home of New York. I like that not one stands out more than the other. All in perfect harmony. This round of inks was again so much fun, so I am looking forward to my next Ferris Wheel Press inks.




No comments:

Post a Comment